“Should production from the new discovery be handled by a sub-sea
tie-back to existing facilities?”
“What will be the effect on my business unit production plan
if the wells planned for the three new fields take 55 days, rather than
40 days on average to drill?”
The Reservoir Engineer's Integrated
To open or download
the PDF of one of the Serafim FUTURE brochures, right
click on one of the following images. You will then be
given the option to save or open the file.
You will need Adobe Acrobat to view
the PDF file, this can be found here
Serafim FUTURE is an integrated asset model designed specifically for
reservoir engineering and field development planning to enable
you to answer such questions quickly and accurately.
The benefits of using Serafim FUTURE are:-
- Much faster, easier alternative to the
use of linked simulation models for groups of reservoirs producing
to shared facilities.
- Auditable and secure alternative to error-prone
spreadsheets for editing and merging your production profiles.
- Better tools for your decline analysis
and annual review of reserves.
- Fast calculation of effects on production
of changes to drilling timings and well-rates avoiding full
reruns of simulator models.
- Dramatic speeding up of your business unit
- Earlier “First Oil” dates for
your developments and re-developments.
FUTURE can be run either interactively or programmatically.
Its features include –
- Wide range of reservoir models
- From reservoir simulation
- Decline models for oil/gas/water
- The free gas–liquid ratio method
(innovative material balance calculation for gas-liquid systems)
- Sequential linear programming algorithm
for solving pressures and constraints
- Fast run times – 45 secs for 20 years
profiles for a 20 reservoir, 14 platform, 87 well system
- Database functionality for storing, retrieving
and auditing both input and output data
- Controllable from Excel, for e.g. Monte
Carlo calculations with @RISK or CrystalBall.
- Robust object-oriented architecture
Serafim FUTURE was developed in conjunction
with Addax Petroleum Corporation, operators of 100,000 bopd production
in West Africa and has become a central part of their petroleum
engineering work-flow. Talisman is another customer, using Serafim
FUTURE on the Claymore-Scapa group of fields.
Some free licenses are available for academic
users, consultancies and private individuals.
Serafim FUTURE screenshots here>>>